Here are some important things you should know about
FoxFire Cabins and our area.
- Our offices hours are typically from 9:00am to 4:00pm everyday.
We are often here later than that, especially on days with a lot of arrivals. Sometimes on slow days, we will leave
early. Emergencies phone numbers are posted at the office and around FoxFire Cabins should guests need to reach us after hours.
- If you are trying to reach someone at FoxFire Cabins and the office is
closed, the answering machine will leave our home phone numbers and they are also listed below.
- Check-In is anytime after 2:30 pm. Check-Out is by 11:00am. Let us know if you will be arriving after 4pm so we can go over our Late Check-In procedure. A late Check-Out can be purchased for an additional $25 - $50 if available.
- A Credit Card is required to make a reservation. We accept Mastercard,
Visa, Discover and American Express.
- Mapquest and other websites like it do not give accurate directions
to FoxFire Cabins. Please refer to our directions on the Locations page or call or email us for further assistance.
- The nearest gas/grocery store is Lost Maples Country Store - a very small store/gas station about 3 miles away from the main area in Vanderpool. If they don’t have what you are looking for, Utopia is about 15 minutes away and has a gas station, groceries, and restaurants. Things close earlier out here and nothing is open 24 hours.
- Leakey is currently the nearest place to buy beer, wine & liquor. It’s about 25-30 minutes away.
- Kerrville, Hondo & Uvalde all have bigger stores like Wal-Mart & HEB, but all are approximately 1 hour away. Bandera is a little closer but doesn’t have any of the super-center stores.
- Kerrville, Hondo, & Uvalde have the nearest hospitals. (Kerrville is the closest and biggest, but it’s still about an hour away). In Utopia, there is a small clinic for minor emergencies.
- In an emergency, Utopia has a great EMS and phone numbers are posted at FoxFire. Airlife is also available.
- Cell phones probably are not going to work out here. AT&T works the best in this area, but at most of our sites, cell phone reception is very hard to get. It's best to not count on it. There is a courtesy phone at the office on the porch that guests can use.
Emergency Phone Numbers
Burt Cell: (830) 426-9853
Lacy Cell: (830) 426-9854
Please use these cell numbers for after-hours emergencies.
We will not be able to help you with making a booking at these numbers.