Here is a basic overview of what is provided
and what should be brought by guests to FoxFire Cabins.
- All the kitchens are full kitchens except those at Alta Vista & Buena Vista which are kitchenettes. There is a full-sized refrigerator/freezer, oven/stove, coffee pot, toasters, dishes, utensils, pots, pans and basic cookware in all cabins & Vacation Homes, except Alta Vista & Buena Vista which have smaller stoves and refrigerators. Houses/cabins that have additional kitchen items (ie, microwaves, dishwasher, etc.) will have that noted on their page of the website..
- All of our cabins and houses are supplied with towels, linens & comforters,
paper towels, trash bags, toilet paper, hand and dish soaps. You are encouraged to bring your own towels to take
to the river.
- There are no TV’s or telephones in the cabins and houses unless
- No meals are provided at FoxFire.
- All cabins and vacation homes have a campfire ring and charcoal BBQ pit.
- Guests do need to bring their own food and condiments, coffee and
filters, charcoal and lighter fluid, and personal bathroom items.
- There are picnic tables and lawn furniture at all the cabins and
houses, but guests are encouraged to bring extras if they are going to have a large group.
- There is a laundry room for guests to use at the Main Area with the Log Cabins. All the other houses have a washer/dryer in them except Hacienda Del Sol, Alta Vista & Buena Vista.
Here are some other important things you should
know when preparing for your trip to FoxFire Cabins.
- The nearest gas/grocery store is Lost Maples General Store - a very
small store about 3 miles away from the main area in Vanderpool. If they don’t have what you are looking
for, Utopia is about 15 minutes away and has a gas station, groceries, and restaurants. Things close earlier
out here and nothing is open 24 hours.
- Leakey is the nearest place to buy beer and wine. It’s
about 25-30minutes away. Liquor is close to an hour away.
- Kerrville, Hondo & Uvalde all have bigger stores like
Wal-Mart & HEB, but all are approximately 1 hour away. Bandera is a little closer but doesn’t have
any of the super-center stores.
- Kerrville, Hondo, & Uvalde have the nearest hospitals.
(Kerrville is the closest and biggest, but it’s still about an hour away). In Utopia, there is a
small clinic for minor emergencies.
- In an emergency, Utopia has a great EMS and phone numbers are posted
at FoxFire. Airlife is also available.
- Cell phones probably are not going to work out here. Cingular works
the best in this area, but at most of our sites, cell phone reception is very hard to get. It's best to not count on
it. There is a pay phone at the office that guests can use.
This is a general list. Please feel free to
contact us by either phone or email should you have further questions. We want you to be as prepared and informed