of the best things about staying in one of the Log Cabins at FoxFire is the natural swimming hole on the spring-fed Sabinal
River. It is just as short walk down to the waters edge where people can enjoy swimming, fishing (or fly-fishing), rock and
fossil hunting, and floating or lounging around. Many guests have gone as far to say that there is not another swimming hole
like it. The river is good for people of all ages as there is a portion with rapids at one end and then the huge swimming
hole that gradually gets from shallow to deep so there’s
a depth that is right for everyone. The huge limestone rock out in the center is a great place to jump into the Sabinal river at
its deepest part which is usually around 10 feet deep. Being so close the headwaters of the river allows the cabins to be
situated closer to the river than other areas further downstream where flooding can be a bigger problem. Finding a swimming
hole as big as FoxFire’s as close to the headwaters as this one is rare.
Other great things about staying in a cabin include:
- The proximity to
Lost Maples State Natural Area
. We are just 1 mile
south of Lost Maples where you are free to explore over 2,000 acres of the most beautiful part of the Texas Hill Country.
- The patio furniture and outdoor barbeque pits are great for an outdoor
- The Laundry room is always open and FREE for guests to use.
- There is birdseed available to fill the feeders at or around your cabin.
There is a variety of rare birds in our area including Painted Buntings, Golden Cheeked Warblers, and Black-capped Vireos.
- Campfire wood is available on site for $10.00
- The office computer and fax machine can be made available for business
or important matters.
- Free WiFi available at the office.
- We also have numerous board games, puzzles, and fishing poles to borrow in our office free of charge.
- Stargazing in extraordinary at FoxFire where there are some of the darkest
skies in Texas. So feel free to bring your telescope.
- Share your memories with us in the journal inside the cabin!